We thought it might be a good idea to assemble reasons to try LiD. These will develop as time goes on. But we might begin with just a list of some of the benefits it offers to schools and school districts:
Educational value of “Learning in Depth” and potential contributions to a school and school district
- Can be implemented relatively easily and can be flexibly articulated with other programs and the regular curriculum
- Provides an excellent vehicle to develop personalized learning
- A uniquely student-driven program, which teachers can facilitate
- Adds a new dimension of flexible learning to the curriculum
- LiD brings together university faculty and teachers. University faculty and Ph.D. students can provide on-going support, resources, and guidance; teachers can bring their experience and critical intelligence to bear on revising the program to fit their own circumstances—a genuinely collaborative experience for both groups
- Creates a core of teachers expert in Lid and available for training others
- Allows school district personnel to implement an innovative, locally developed, Canadian program that is rapidly spreading around the world
- Successful schools and teachers can share their experience and expertise with other teachers and administrators
- Involves parents with schools and their children’s learning in a new way
Subscribe To CIRCE's Email List
SUBSCRIBE TO THE CIRCE Email List
Please subscribe to our email list and stay informed about our latest news, events and updates.
We respect your privacy and will never share your details.